In this time of COVID-19 precautions, each state or county is responding differently, and Gettysburg is following rules that might be stricter than in your home town. Please follow the guidelines that each business posts; they’re for your safety as much as for ours. We’re a tourist town that draws people in from around the country and the globe, and we certainly do not want to send any germs home with you!
Civil War Tails is working to follow the guidelines set forth by Pennsylvania’s governor, the Department of Health, and the CDC. So, here’s what you need to know if you’re planning to visit us:
- Masks are required inside the museum. Scarfs, bandanas, and homemade masks are acceptable. If you don’t have a mask, we have a limited supply on hand and can give you one. Exceptions: children under 2 years old and anyone who has a medical condition that prevents them from wearing one.
- Elderly/at-risk visitors: to ensure your safety, you are welcome to call us to set up an appointment in the morning to come through the museum before opening time. 717-420-5273.
- Please remember to social distance while in Gettysburg. With this in mind, when you arrive at the museum, please be aware that our entryway is small. So, if you see someone standing just inside the front door, wait on the porch until the area is clear.
- Due to occupancy limitations, we might have to ask you to wait on the porch until people leave. You can enjoy our great-grandmother’s porch swing while you wait!
- We are cleaning and disinfecting the museum regularly.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.